Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blessed.

I feel like here lately (and in the beginning of my pregnancy) that I have really been getting down & complaining a lot. When you puke everyday for 15-16 weeks, can you really blame a person for complaining?? But in all honesty, I know that I (that David and I) are blessed beyond measure. The first go round with getting pregnant didn't work out the way we wanted it to, and I know there was a reason for that. When we found out we were expecting this time around, we didn't get our hopes up, we tried to stay grounded.. and when the morning sickness took over, I knew everything was going to work itself out--and it has.
Being able to carry a baby inside of me has been challenging, and rewarding. I have truly cherished watching the little babe move around in my stomach, being able to see the expression on Davids face when he felt her move for the first time. Seeing the look in Davids eyes when we found out it was a girl, will always be in my mind. What a wonderful opportunity and blessing to become a mother-I know that she isn't here yet, but just carrying this life inside of me makes me a mom--I think.
I don't know what the future holds, I don't know what she looks like, what she's going to act like, if she will be a healthy baby or a sick baby..but no matter what, she is mine to take care of on this earth, to love and to cherish--its almost like your wedding vows, but its more amazing than that. I don't have to build my love for her, because I already have it. I love her, its so odd, I have never felt this way before-- I feel sentimental all the time--these hormones are crazy ha! So needless to say, I am feeling very blessed each and every day to be able to hold this child in my womb, and I cannot wait for her to get here and I cannot wait to love her for all of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment