Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Praying for my Spouse


Every single day, I pray for my spouse. When I feel like there is NO ONE in my life that I can share my heart and share my struggles with, when it comes to my own personal issues- I know that I can pray about it, I know that I am not in control of my husbands life, but I do know who is.

Marriage can be rough, it can be wonderful, it can put you on edge, it can make you feel joyous...so many emotions all the time. I read blogs, see pictures on Instagram--and often feel jealousy, thinking and wishing that was my life, and how I wish my marriage was perfect or just better for that matter. But when I really truly think about it, a picture is just that, a picture. That couple/family could have been arguing just 5 minutes before, they could be going through a super rough patch in their relationship, a picture is just a picture. And honestly, I have to remind myself of that. Others could see my pictures and be imagining the same thing- how is her life so great? Yet, we really never know the details of each image we see, or why in the world a spouse is saying "I love you" so many times on facebook. Is it all a façade? or is it real?

I think what I'm getting at is that, I need to focus on my own relationship, instead of wondering and wishing to know about someone else's. I need to put that devotion into praying and supporting my spouse and asking him to do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment