Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Current Relationship

I've decided to do a little writing challenge, and the first topic is "your current relationship". If you don't already know I'm married. David and I have been together since 2005 and got married in September of 2009. 



When I first met David, his age initially scared me, he is 8 years older than me.. But that finally wore off. Age is truly only a number. But when your 19 and he's 27 it seems a little out of reach but truly it just depends on the two individuals in the relationship. 
We were married 4 years before we had a little one come in the picture, and I think it's smart to spend some time before jumping in to the parenting boat (but honestly, to each it's own- I'm not judging either way!) When I first thought about marriage and kids I wanted to be married and be done having kids by the time I was 24!  So looking back that thought process was just silly!  Just take your time and do what works!! 
David is a great guy- I love that he is a guy's guy- he's tough, works hard, can fix stuff, doesn't mind to get outside and get dirty... He loves to take his shirt off and wash his truck or mow the yard, and I love to watch him, haha-- for real tho! 


Don't get me wrong, our marriage has not all been kisses and butterflies- it can get rough, just like anyone else's. But, I'm so glad that we've stuck together and figured out the hard stuff. David is my best friend and some days I still think, it's so weird that we are married--even though we've been married for almost 7 years now- some days its just so surreal. I love being married, even through all the hard seasons, I love coming home to my husband, I love cooking and taking care of the house (even when I feel like "I don't want to clean this house one more time")being a wife and a mom. Some days I don't always remember that- but I'm working on it. Anyhow, my current relationship is that I'm taken, and I'm grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment