Saturday, April 17, 2010

16 and pregnant

As I'm sitting here waiting for David to get home from Georgia.. I find myself watching 16 and Pregnant on MTV. I feel such mixed emotions for these young girls (not that i'm much older by any means). One emotion or thought would be how immature they are, some of them think they just magically got pregnant, and then they think its going to be so easy once the baby comes. Then i feel sorry for them because they have trouble getting through high school and losing friends.
But then I get mad sometimes.. there are plenty of women out there that are trying to just get pregnant and can't. And then I watch this show and see this teenagers just being irresponsible and I often wonder, where in the world were there parents? I know I know.. teenagers will be teenagers, and parents can't just watch them 24-7.. but come on..
I suppose maybe I was just a bit more mature when it came to these decisions, and I hung out with people who had the same opinions on the matter. I'm 23 years old, I'm still a baby according to most adults, so I'm willing to wait for my baby. When that time comes, I want to enjoy every minute of it, I want to know that its God's plan, not just some foolishness ya know? So the conclusion of watching this show.. I'm not mad at these girls, because I understand that things happen in life that we don't always expect. But i just wish that these girls had some more time to enjoy being young and being a baby.. not taking care of their own baby.

1 comment:

  1. This should be called "Kristin's Corner For Bitching" lol. Jk, I love ya. At first , I thought the show was a 'Juno' rip-off and wondered if it may actually encourage teens to have babies... Until I watched the show. I like it because I can relate to some of it. The late nights, balancing responsibilities, and all the ups and downs of being a new parent. I think the show is insightful and accurate in describing the not-as-dreamy-as-I-thought reality of being a teen mom. Thank you, and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete