Friday, August 3, 2012

Its been a while..

I need something calm and serene to focus on tonight. Seems like its been a rough couple of weeks, or maybe I'm just overly emotional. Its almost like every time I turn around there is a new disappointment ready to hit my square in the face. I attempt to be strong and just let it roll off my shoulders, but I can't always put my happy face on. Ya know what I mean? Theres days where I feel like I have no friends at all, no one who really considers how what they are doing affects me. And then I tell myself, I'm just being selfish, and maybe I am. Maybe I'm over analyzing things--but still yet, I think I'm just being realistic about the situation. I know theres nothing I can do about it, besides whine a little bit (or maybe a lot). I will let it go soon enough, and somewhere down the road I won't even remember what happened to begin with. Its still disheartening though. I do most certainly have close friends in my life, and those are ones that I have started friendships with in the last couple of years.. I am so thankful for those few people- they most definitely make my life a more happier one. On a different note, my mother in law, sent me the book "the power of a praying wife"..WOW, what a great book! I have almost read the entire thing and I have never been so inspired. The more I read it the more I learn, the more anxious I am to keep reading every chance I get. Even the husband can tell how much I enjoy it, because I talk about it a lot! It is most definitely a book to get, seriously.. Get it!! --Kristin

1 comment:

  1. i know exactly what you mean ..i have had the same few weeks...seems like there is no light...

    I will definately get that book!! and read...have your read Ann voskamps ..One Thousand Gifts?
    you should...it puts a totally different perspective in your life..i needed it..and it has helped me tremendously get over the childish drama that in laws bring me!

    ReplyDelete