Sunday, August 5, 2012

Red Pepper & Onion Pizza

I apologize ahead of time for the lack of a photo. But while watching Pizza Paradise on tv-- I really wanted some pizza!!
I always have a pizza crust packet on hand for these sorts of things.. (get the cheapest dry pack you can find at walmart--trust me, its the best) Mix up as the directions say, but I always add some italian seasoning to it. YUM.
I put my in a round cake pan, and poked holes in it with a fork, so it won't get all puffy on ya--put in oven for about 5 or 6 minutes. Then proceed with the toppings.. i used some jarred marinara (you can also use spaghetti or pizza sauce of course), then i put some sliced pepperjack cheese, and topped that with sautéed red bell pepper and onion. I also put some diced tomatoes on top and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt.
Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes. At the end I remembered that I had some feta cheese, so i put a good sprinkling of that on top. Oh my was this good-- the husband was looking for some meat, but I don't think he missed it either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment