Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Being a Mom.. a real one, to a BABY

Becoming a mother is quite a trip. Things have definitely changed, some for the better, others not so much. Adjustments have been made for sure, and we are figuring it out. I think (i hope) that being a mom has come pretty naturally to me. I feel like I have a handle on it most days, I am human and I fall apart once in a while (mostly just when theres a major diaper blowout and I need some serious help!!) but other than that I'm good. I feel as though my hormones have balanced themselves out--going back to work has put us all on a better schedule, and I feel like that really helps. I am getting plenty of rest, the baby is a fantastic sleeper, we are surely blessed! She is a wonderful, easy going baby! I love her so much. I just knew the first day back at work I would lose it and just cry, but I held it together, and just reminded myself that I would see her in a few hours, and I did just fine. ( i don't think she really noticed that I was gone.. ) It was hard leaving her, but I knew that she was in good hands and things would work out, and they have.
I can't wait to see the growth/changes of my little girl.. will she look like me? like her daddy? what kind of personality will she have? blonde hair? blue eyes? Will she be a daddy's girl? all these things, I just can't hardly wait. I know I know.. cherish her as a baby--and I will, but I'm just excited about the future and I know it will get here too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment