Sunday, August 25, 2013

Food! Fried chicken goodness!

The husband has been asking for fried chicken for a while now, and I can honestly say I'm not a big fan of it really. KFC is not one of my regular stops to say the least. So I researched recipes and he wanted me to try out Paula Deens. The recipe was simple, the only different thing I did was brine the chicken for a few hours. Wow! It was deeelicious!! The best! Wow again! Crunchy, juicy, and fully cooked! Ha! I'm so afraid of chicken and being undercooked and bloody-yep it's happened! But not this time! I was so proud of myself, and I enjoyed every bite! 
I used 4 drumsticks and 3 thighs, skin and bone in. Put in a big container and covered with water and added in about 1/4 cup of salt probably. Seems like a lot but there was a lot of water. Let that set in the fridge for a few hours. 

Whisk 3 eggs with 1 cup of franks pepper sauce 
Dip chicken in the mix
Then put 2 cups of self rising flour in a large dish and season with garlic salt and lots of pepper
Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet ( I used my Dutch oven) to 350 degrees 
Put chicken in very carefully and cook for 15 minutes, turning every few minutes
Continue cooking in batches until all done

I put the chicken on a cooling rack and then put in a 190 degree oven to keep warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment